|Course Name||Old Fees||Fees|
|Shipyard Supervisors Safety Course-SSSC||$250||Total:32.0 hrs, includes|
Assmnt: 3.0 hrs
SDU : 32 Points
** SDF APPROVED (Click here)
SDF Course Code: CRS-N-0025351
Funding Amount: $250
Expiry Date: 25-Jan-2018
No person shall supervise any process or work carried out in a shipyard or on board a ship in the harbour unless he has undergone a Shipyard Supervisor Safety Course approved by MOM.
Shipyard Supervisors Safety Course (SSSC) is a mandatory training course for individuals who are to undertake the role of a supervisor in the marine industry.
Assumed Skills, Knowledge & Entry Requirement
Employability Skills System (ESS) Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 4 and above, or equivalent.
Course Overview of Shipyard Supervisors Safety Course – SSSC
- Identify the Workplace Safety and Health Act, subsidiary legislation and industrial code of practice relevant to the marine industry
- List the roles and responsibilities of a shipyard supervisor
- Conduct a safety briefing for shipyard workers and contractors
- Coordinate the implementation of safe work procedures in the marine industry
- Provide inputs for drawing up a risk assessment matrix
- Formulate occupational health programme
- Conduct investigation and prepare an incident report
- WSH (Shipbuilding and Ship-Repairing) Regulations 2008
- Subsidiary legislation pertaining to marine industry and occupational health
- Code of practice for the shipyards
- Types of hazards – chemical, electrical & mechanical, physical including confined space, safe access, falling from height, surface treatment, fire & explosion
- Occupational health hazards – industrial toxicology, SDS, noise, vibration, heat, radiation, and lighting
- General safety in shipyard
- Vessel safety co-ordination committee (VSCC)
- Permit To Work (PTW) systems
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Risk assessment
- Safety audits
- Accident investigation procedures
- Accident reporting procedures
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Ever Safe Consultants Pte. Ltd. will be issued to all participants.
EverSafe Consultants Pte Ltd -MOM accredited Safety Course Training Provider.
For more details about Safety Courses Training : Visit to singapore MOM website.