|Course Name||Old Fees||Fees|
|Shipyard Safety Instruction Course (General Trade)-SSICG||$30||Total: 8.5 hrs, includes|
Assmnt: 1.0 hrs
** SDF Approved (Click here)
SDF Course Code: CRS-N-0030476
Funding Amount: $30
The Workplace Safety and Health (Shipbuilding and Ship-repairing) Regulations 2008 Reg. 6 (2) stipulates that “It
shall be the duty of every person not to carry out any hazardous work in a shipyard or on board a ship in a harbour
unless he has undergone a safety and health training course approved by the Commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health.”
The SSIC is a mandatory WSH training course for all workers working in shipyard industries.
Assumed Skills, Knowledge & Entry Requirement
Participant must be able to read, write and speak in the language in which the course is conducted.
· To provide participants with the basic understanding of workplace safety & health hazards in the ship building and repair industry.
· To highlight the measures to prevent incidents / accidents in the ship building and repair industry.
The course comprises the following modules:
· Recognise the common safety and health hazards
· Chemistry of fire and types of combustible materials (Fuel)
· Shipyard Permit-to-Work systems for prevention of fire and explosions
· Causes of fires and explosions and their prevention
· Safety signs
· Evacuation in case of a fire
· Specialized operations· Material handling
· Mechanical and electrical hazards
· Falling hazards
· Health hazards
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by
Ever Safe Consultants Pte. Ltd. will be issued to all participants.
EverSafe Consultants Pte Ltd -MOM accredited Safety Course Training Provider.
For more details about Safety Courses Training : Visit to singapore MOM website.