|Course Name||Old Fees||Fees|
|Assess Confined Space For Safe Entry and Work / Confined Space Assessor (ACSSEW)||$550||Total: 5 Days (or)|
SDU: 40 Points
** SDF Processing (Click here)
SDF Course Code: CRS-Q-0026117-OH
Funding Amount: $550
Nett Fee Available
Legal Requirement of Assess Confined Space For Safe Entry and Work
Under regulation 9(B) of WORKPLACE SAFETY AND HEALTH (CONFINED SPACES) REGULATIONS 2009: “Before any person enters or works in a confined space, it shall be the duty of his responsible person to -appoint a person whom the responsible person reasonably believes is competent to carry out the duties of a confined space safety assessor, as a confined space safety assessor for the confined space.”
- Individual who intend to become a confined space safety assessor
- Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) professionals such as WSH Coordinators, Officers, and Auditors
- Occupational Hygiene (OH) professionals such as OH technicians etc.
Assumed Skills, Knowledge & Entry Requirement
Participants must fulfil the numeracy and science requirements. In addition to that, they must also fulfil requirements A or B
- Numeracy: WSQ ESS Workplace Numeracy Level 6 or Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level for Mathematics
- Science: Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level Science [Chemistry and Physics]
- (A) WSH Skills & Knowledge equivalent to Certificate in WSH (Completed at least any one of the course BCSS/ BISH/ CWSH/ OPISC/ SSSC)
- (B) 3 years of relevant working experience in operations and co-ordination of safety work
Course Overview of Assess Confined Space For Safe Entry and Work
The Assess Confined Space For Safe Entry and Work- course covers basic principles in working within/around confined space. It includes the knowledge and skills for the use of appropriate gas testing equipment?and methods to obtain representative results for the assessment of atmospheric condition in confined space for safe entry and work. The skill and knowledge covered will enable the learners to be appointed as confined space safety assessor under the relevant regulations.
Course Content of Assess Confined Space For Safe Entry and Work
- Prepare for confined space assessment
- Confined space safety management, applicable legal and other requirements
- Type of hazards in confined spaces
- Identify hazards in confined space, measures to prevent harm to safety and health when entering and working in confined space
- Conduct gas testing in Confined Spaces, ascertain atmospheric condition is safe for entry
- Confined Space Entry Permit
- Participate in risk control and emergency response for entry into and working in a confined spaceOverview of confined space rescue
- Monitor confined space condition and control measures for safe working
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be issued to all participant.
EverSafe Consultants Pte Ltd -MOM accredited Safety Course Training Provider.
For more details about Safety Courses Training : Visit to singapore MOM website.