Building Construction Supervisors Safety Course - BCSS
|COURSE NAME||OLD FEES||FEES
|More Info||Class |
|Building Construction Supervisors Safety Course - BCSS||S$ 270.00||S$ 250.00||Total:34.0 hrs, includes Assmnt: 4.0 hrs||30|
|COURSE NAME||SDF Course Code||Funding Amount||Funding Status||SDU Points|
Workplace Safety and Health (Construction) Regulations 2007 reg. 9 (2b) stipulates that no person shall be employed to oversee or supervise any work or process carried out in a worksite unless the person has received adequate safety and health training for the purpose of ensuring that such work or process can be carried out safely.
The course would be appropriate for individuals with job titles such as: construction site supervisors & foreman, clerk of works and site engineers or Engineering graduates or individuals with diploma qualifications and above who wish to work in the construction industry.
Assumed Skills, Knowledge & Entry Requirement
Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 4 under Employability Skills System (ESS) or equivalent.
- Explain the safety and health duties and responsibilities of a Building Supervisor
- Outline safety planning and organisation at worksite
- Identify job hazards and apply control measures for a construction site including working at height, demolition, excavation, piling, fire, mechanical & electrical, material handling and occupational health hazards
- Assist in carrying out risk assessment for construction activities
- Conduct safety inspections
- Identify the causes of accidents and recommend preventive measures
- Conduct investigation and prepare an incident report
- Explain the 14 elements of WSH Management System and key features of SS506 and OHSAS18001
- Overview of Workplace Safety & Health Legislations
- Roles & duties of site personnel in Safety & Health
- Safety Planning & Organisation
- WSH (Construction) regulations
- Work At Height
- Demolition, Excavation and Piling
- Mechanical & electrical Hazards
- Material handling
- Occupational health
- Fire Prevention & control
- Safety & Health inspection
- Accident prevention & incident investigation
- Overview of Safety & Health management system & case study
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Ever Safe Consultants Pte. Ltd. will be issued to all participants.